Monday, May 23, 2016

Sumac—The Deal & What One Becomes cs

Sumac
The Deal & What One Becomes
Sige



By now you’ve probably heard of Sumac. A new 3 piece made up of the bass player from Botch/Russian Circles/These Arms Are Snakes, the drummer of Baptists and the guitarist and singer of ISIS, Mamiffer, Split Cranium, Old Man Gloom, House of Low Culture… Anyway, it’s really fucking good. As a guitarist myself I have to say that this music is somehow accessible and also incredibly complex. Almost deceptively so. The riffs are all amazing but sometimes they take these subtle turns and twists that just throw off the listener enough to reward one for being perceptive. I kept an open mind about how I was going to feel about these records but I pretty much knew that I would dig them. With players this good and taste levels so high I feel like things are just going to get better and better. Stick with this…

The layouts are gorgeous as well. Full disclosure: I printed the J cards to ‘The Deal’ on my 100+ year old letterpress. It came out awesome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment